I trained as a ceramicist in the early 80’s but have worked as a ceramic jeweller for most of my working life.
A few years ago, however, a twist of fate brought me back to making pots again.
The pots I now make are slab built sculptural pieces which are a playful take on classic container forms, especially the bottle. Many of them have a distinct human quality which, I think, has found its way into my pot-making subconsciously from years of drawing and painting the human body.
The majority of my work is glazed and then Raku fired. Other pieces are covered in a crackle slip which produces a matt surface with a more subtle crackle pattern which is brought out by brushing the fired pot with an ink solution. Both firing techniques produce unpredictable results making each piece unique.
- Cameron Contemporary, Hove, East Sussex - Winter Exhibition 2020,2019 and 2018
- Cameron Contemporary, Hove, East Sussex - Summer Exhibition 2020 and 2019
- East Finchley Open Houses 2019, 2018 and 2017
- Gallery 57, Arundel, West Sussex, ‘Organic Form’ 2018
- London Potters, In Design @ Battersea, Battersea Power Station, London 2018