Painting, Printmaking, Other Media
Colour, pattern and form are my visual landscape. The shape of plants and grasses has informed recent work in print, on paper and on fabric. A life-long passion for drawing and painting took me to the Foundation Course at the former Hampstead Garden Suburb Institute where I discovered an unexpected interest in print making. Over the last two years I have produced a series of prints combining etched plates with wild grasses and plants, revealing their pattern and structure. More recently I have embarked on a series of photo etchings that range from spring blossom to the streets of East Finchley. Recent paintings have been inspired by a visit to Bruges and an experiment in abstract art using emulsion match pots. Silk painting combines my love of colour and form, allowing exploration of loose and fluid work with tightly constrained patterns or images. The elaborate metal street names in N2 have been gradually disappearing so I have used the lettering from these signs to create an imaginary sign - 'East Finchley N2' - in the form of a screen print.
- 2012 Phoenix Cinema, N2
- 2014 Splashes, Wisps and Fragments, Original Gallery N8
- 2015 Rhythm and Blues, Original Gallery N8
- 2016 Breaking Boundaries, Original Gallery N8
- 2016 Gravelly Barn, Braughing Herts.
- 2017 Reflections, Ply Gallery N8
- 2017 West Mill Art Society, West Mill Herts.
- 2018 50-50, Highgate Scientific and Literary Institute N6
- 2019 Primavera, Barbican Library EC2
- 2015-2019 EFOA Open House