Paul Kingsley Squire is an oil painter whose oeuvre includes, otherworldly abstracted landscapes and surreal figurative works loaded with symbolism.
He is fascinated by themes of metamorphosis and transformation, working in series to create a range of different works.
As well as painting, he has created series of intricate drawings and works hand drawn with a digital pen & tablet.
Across each medium, his artistic style retains a consistent ethereal quality, and boasts polish and thoughtfulness that allows ideas of psychology, nature and consciousness to be pondered by each viewer.
I am expressing an inner state of being, a yearning for other worlds and realities, driven by an exploratory drive.
It is through this innate curiosity that I have developed several methods and techniques for creating artwork in highly individualistic styles.
Themes that intrigue and fascinate me, include metamorphosis, transformation, esotericism and mythology, and how these subjects are relevant to contemporary life.
In recent years my work has developed into distinct series of otherworldly abstracted landscapes, abstracted figurative works, and surreal figurative oil paintings.
My work is full of symbolism and I prefer the viewer to be drawn into deciphering the imagery, coming to their own conclusions.
- "NOT THE London Art Fair" at Candid Gallery, Angel, London, January 2023
- Honourable mention in the Abstract'd Art competition on Kaleido, online platform for artists, collectors and galleries January 2023
- "Muse" exhibition at Candid Gallery, Angel, London, July 2022
- "TRANSFORMATIONS" Chrom Art Gallery, Kingsland Road, Dalston, London, 24th June - 4th July 2021
- Sketch for Survival touring exhibition and auction at Olympia, London and The Royal Geographical Society November 2019
- Art on a Postcard (AOAP) – November auction and show raising funds for the Hepatitis C trust - Private view and auction preview November 12th 2019
- The Dark Arts exhibition at Candid Arts Gallery, 24th Oct – 3rd Nov 2019
- Art On A Postcard: Devonshire House, Shoreditch, London 9th - 14th November 2019
- Skull Art exhibition at the Nude Tin Can Gallery, St Albans, Herts, October 5th - November 9th 2019
- Underdog Gallery Summer Edit, London Bridge August 2019
- Summer Salon, Candid Gallery, Angel, Islington, 18th July - August 29th, 2019
- Art on a Postcard : Silent auction and exhibition at Old Spitalfields Market, 2nd – 7th July 2019
- Trinity Art Gallery Group Winter Show, London. 6th December - 27th January 2019
- FOCUS LDN Group Winter Show at the Menier Gallery, London. 11th - 15th December 2018
- Underdog Gallery Masters Show, London. 12th - 28th October 2018
- Underdog Gallery Summer Exhibition London. 26th July - 30th July 2018
- London City Island Summer Exhibition, London. 27th June - 16th September 2018
- FOCUS LDN – Winter Exhibition 2017, London 12th - 16th December 2017
- TRIBE17 International Art Festival, London 12th - 15th October 2017
- Jeannie Avent Gallery Group Show 31st May - 7th June 2017
- The Underdog Gallery Spring Group show, London. 4th - 16th April 2017
- Talented Art Fair at The Truman Brewery, Shoreditch, London 6th - 8th March 2020
- Sussex Art Fair at Brighton Racecourse, Sussex : 11th - 13th October 2019
- New Artist Fair : The Old Truman Brewery, Brick Lane, London, 13th - 15th September, 2019
- Affordable Art Fair Hampstead with Degree Art, 8th – 12th May 2019
- The Other Art Fair, Bristol 2018, The Passenger Shed, Bristol. 26th - 29th July 2018 Henley Arts Festival, London. 11th July - 15th July 2018
- AAF HAMPSTEAD 2018 - The Affordable Art Hampstead, London. 10th May - 13th May, 2018 Talented Art Fair, London 2nd - 4th March, 2018
- The Other Art fair, Arnolfini, Bristol 31st - 3rd September 2017
- “The Three Graces” - Collaboration with Scottish Ballet digital season. The music track “Faces of Power” from the first Kinetic Alchemy album (music composition pseudonym for PKS) Choreographed by Madeline Squire, from Scottish Ballet for a 3 minute video and accompanying performances, in association with resident artist Zachary Eastwood Bloom.