After a career in architecture and education I came to glass later in life through adult education. I immediately became interested in the sculptural qualities of this exciting material. The way that glass can be used to manipulate light fascinates me. I enjoy problem solving and experimenting with a range of different techniques to achieve my aims and am always looking for new ways to develop my imagery.
I am interested in landscape and in particular mountain landscapes. I am a keen walker and aim to recreate the feeling of walking through a landscape. I achieve this by making three dimensional blocks of glass that contain images of the landscape that inspires me. These blocks are made by fusing multiple layers of glass. Each layer has part of the image on it and these are then fused together to create one image. The blocks are cut and polished to make sure that light enters through the sides of the blocks. I sometimes combine blocks together to create additional movement.
I have recently extended this narrative to create glass books that record the journey. I was inspired to do this through looking at Wainwright’s illustrated guide books.
Another aspect of my glass is sand casting. Here I focus on the female torso endeavouring to create a life force within the glass that captures and manipulated light.
CURRENT AND FUTURE EXHIBITIONS
- BEDAZZLED. LONDON GLASSBLOWING. 12th NOVEMBER -24th December 2020
- FFIN Y PARC COUNTRY HOUSE AND GALLERY June 2021 Solo
- WARM GLASS PEOPLES PRIZE BRITISH GLASS BIENNALE 2019
WORK CURRENTLY AVAILABLE AT:-
- London Glassblowing Gallery Bermondsey
- Ffin y Parc Country house and Gallery Llanrwst Wales
- CREATES GALLERY MONMOUTH
- LION ST GALLERY HAY ON WYE.
- FFIN Y PARC Country House & Gallery Betws Road, Llanrwst, Conwy, LL26 0PT. Solo show 10th Nov - 4th Dec 2019
- GLASSHOUSE XIV PARNDOM MILL Harlow 19th Sept - 3rd Nov 2019
- BRITISH GLASS BIENNALE 2019 Stourbridge 23Aug-28Sept2019
- Kooywood GALLERY CARDIFF Solo exhibition May 2019
- REFRACTION & REFLECTION Solo exhibition MOMA Wales Machynlleth 24/2/18 - 27/4/18
- ROYAL SOCIETY OF BRITISH ARTISTS Mall galleries 21/3/18 - 31/3/18
- BREAKING THE MOULD Gallery London Glassblowing 27/9/18 - 20/10/18
- GLASSHAUS XII Parndom Mill 2017
- BRITISH GLASS BIENNALE 2017
- GLASSHAUS 11 Parndom Mill exhibition of emerging glass artists 2016
- Mall Galleries Society of Miniaturists selected annual exhibition 2016
- Architectural glass Contemporary Glass Society exhibition 2016
- Art and artefact Group exhibition Hampstead
- Cecilia Coleman Gallery St Johns Wood
- Erwood Station Gallery Builth Wells
- 'Something Yellow' Contemporary Glass Society exhibition 2016
- Rhythm and Blues Hornsey Library 2015
- Whisps and Fragments Hornsey Library 2014
- Hertfordshire university 2014, 2015,2016
- East Finchley Open studios 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016,2017, 2018, 2019
Glass is the medium through which Pat celebrates the beauty of the natural world using the processes of fusing, casting and occasionally engraving.View Profile
An experimental expressionist glass artist using fusion, slumping, casting and painting to create unique functional and display pieces.View Profile
Myra's photography and glass is constantly changing in character and reflects what she sees around her.View Profile
Ann creates unique hand painted silks and one off fused glass pieces and glass jewellery, inspired by her love of colour and colour combinations.View Profile
Clara is an artist drawing and painting on silk, sculpting in stone, wood and clay and fusing glass.View Profile